We are committed to supporting the emotional health and wellbeing of our children and staff. We know that everyone experiences life challenges that can make us vulnerable and at times, anyone may need additional emotional support. We feel that we have an important role to play in supporting needs.
At our school we:
- help children to understand their emotions and feelings better
- help children feel comfortable sharing any concerns or worries
- help children socially to form and maintain relationships and lifelong friendships
- develop self-esteem and ensure children know that they are important
- encourage children to be confident and believe that anything is possible
- help children to develop emotional resilience and to manage the setbacks and challenges of life
We offer different levels of support:
Universal Support- To meet the needs of all our children through our overall ethos and our wider curriculum. These are strongly linked to our school values which thread through all we do.
Additional support- For those who may have short term needs and those who may have been made vulnerable by life experiences such as bereavement.
Targeted support- For children who need more differentiated support and resources or specific targeted interventions such as friendship groups or 1:1 coaching on a particular area.
Click on the links below to find a variety of services that offer support locally, nationally and online.